We’re still alive! And with slightly more than a month to go before demo release, we’re actually kinda hard at work! We just wanted to give you a quick update as to where our development is going.
- Rewrote the customer purchasing code so it’s a bit faster and flows better when read. (We still need to find a way to speed a section up, or at least not make the game feel like it’s lagging.)
- Added a event manager, so everything will happen at the right time. (It’s based off the Dating Sim Engine made for Ren’Py, which I would have just used directly if I could get it to work properly, but I couldn’t so I made my own.)
- Got some pictures to use as backgrounds, and we’re working on making them look nice and fit in with the sprites.
- Sprites are being worked on, hopefully soon we’ll have something to show.
- Created a way to save up to 3 lists of goods, so when you find a selection that maximizes profits, you can reuse it and modify it as necessary.
- Script is being worked on! This is one of the harder things to talk about in devlogs, since there’s a need to avoid spoilers.
- Balancing prices and profits, making sure the game is fair
- Possibly adding a system to allow you to put goods on sale (although it might be pushed back until the full release)
- Getting all the bakery code, events, hiring, etc integrated into a proper game
See you next update! I hope you’re excited!
CheeryMoya edit: Why no turtles :V